The Foreign Office said on Sunday that Nicholas Davies-Jones and Gareth Montgomery-Johnson have been released into the care of British consular staff. It says they are in good condition.
The men were working for Iran’s English-language Press TV when they were seized by a militia group in late February.
Tripoli militia commander Faraj al-Swehli said last week the journalists had been found with classified documents and pictures, including a database of mercenaries apparently hired by Libya’s late ousted dictator, Muammar Gaddafi.
It released a video on which the men apologised for entering Libya illegally.
On Thursday, the militia said it had handed the men over to Libyan state intelligence. AP