Zanu PF Politburo member, Ignatius Chombo has confirmed the ouster of Zanu PF Mashonaland West Provincial Chairman, Temba Mliswa.
Dr Chombo told journalists in Chinhoyi after meeting the provincial leadership that the vote-of-no-confidence against Mliswa stands, adding that Ziyambi Ziyambi is the acting chairman.
The meeting had to be held in the open as Mliswa refused to leave and kept on interjecting speakers: Chombo and Webster Shamu when they were delivering a directive from the Politburo on preparations for the forth-coming congress.
However, normalcy returned later allowing the meeting to continue.
Chombo criticised acts of violence by some youths allegedly hired from Karoi to disrupt the Provincial Coordinating Committee meeting.
Zanu (PF) spokesperson Rugare Gumbu and Mashonaland West secretary for administration Kindness said Mliswa’s case had not been finalised by the Politburo as it was still to go through a disciplinary committee led by party chairman Simon Khaya Moyo.
Meanwhile,the Zanu PF Politburo has decentralised preparations for the December people’s national congress by creating provincial committees to lead all preparations in the provinces.
Chairpersons for the committees are:
1. Matabeleland North – Dr Obert Mpofu.
2. Masvingo – Cde Dzikamai Mavhaire
3. Manicaland – Cde Diydmus Mutasa
4. Midlands – Cde Emmerson Mnangagwa
5. Matabeleland South – Cde Abigail Damasane
6. Mashonaland East –Dr Sydney Sekeramai
7. Bulawayo – Dr Sikhanyiso Ndlovu
8. Mashonaland Central – Cde Nicholas Goche
9. Harare- Cde Cliveria Chizema
10. Mashonaland West- Dr Ignatius Chombo.
The provincial committees will work with eight sub-committees.