The issue has seen Mbewe and Manyau being served with dismissal letters on Friday. Kenny Mubaiwa the current Dynamos vice chairman has been appointed the acting secretary general while Ignatious George is the new treasurer.
The resolution was taken by the board of directors at a meeting on 28 October last year but was only implemented on Friday. The five board members voted in favour of the firing of the executive members.
The only person whooppossed the dismissal of the officials was board chairman, Richard Chiminya. The members who voted for their dismissal were vice chairman Freddy Mkwesha, Owen Chandamale, Robson Rundaba and Charles Gwatidzo.
Mbewe and Manyau were served with letters of dismissal on Friday night.The letters of dismissal were copied to the Premier Soccer League, Zifa and Dynamos lawyer, Herbert Mutasa.
According to a letter from the acting board secretary, Owen Chandamale to the DeMbare chief executive officer Casper – Mbewe and Manyau were fired for following reasons:
- The club lost major sponsors (Savanna and Afrofoods) due to lack of proper communication.
- CBZ loan breakdown not forwarded to the to the board of directors despite appeals.
- Failure to respond to players’ issues.
- The treasurer failed to respond to legitimate questions from players and had to be rescued by directors at an emergency meeting with the players last year.
- The unpaid funeral costs for the late board member Patrick Dzvene.
- Creditors were not properly managed and are still owed money.
Meanwhile, Dynamos are set to play Highlanders in Hexagon Venture for Victory at Rufaro on Sunday.