Zifa president Cuthbert Dube said he expects the report to be in his hands by the deadline date in order to conclude the investigations long before Zimbabwe’s next international assignment.
The Warriors are set to play Burundi in an African Cup of Nations qualifier in June. The two teams met in the first leg in Bujumbura in which the Warriors lost 2-1.
Dube said they want those players who are cleared to be part of the team that will play Burundi adding that they are not going beyond April 16 for the final report.
About 85 players including star players like Khama Billiart and Ovidy Karuru as well as striker Edward Sadomba have been barred from representing the country following their involvement in the trips to Asia in which the Warriors are alleged to have sold matches in favour of a betting syndicate.
Dube revealed that the Ethics Committee has done about 85 percent of its job and what was left was just to conclude its findings and decision.
The Ethics Committee which is chaired by retired judge Ahmed Ebrahim has been set up to hear the players’ side of the story and decide on what course of action to take on those found on the wrong side of the law.
A number of players including Sadomba have already appeared before the Ethics Committee.
The world governing body, Fifa have told Zifa that they can only receive financial funding after the conclusion of the Asiagate scandal that has so far claimed the scalp of former Zifa Chief Executibe Officer Henrietta Rushwaya, as well as board members, Kenny Marange, Solomon Mugavazi, and Methembe Ndlovu.